Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Let's talk about chicks, man

Thanks to throwing out my back, and being mostly medicated, I'll be brief.


Today we picked up the first of what will become a group of six new chicks. These will lay white, light brown and chocolate brown eggs. The blue eggs seemed a lot less exotic after the first twenty dozen or so, so we thought we'd spice things up a bit. Declan wants to name her "Spike", Conor's suggestion: "Senior Peeps-a-lot".

Last year Declan named his chickens Jack Black and Nacho Libre...Really,I couldn't make this stuff up. My boys are a little strange, but I guess considering the gene pool they never really had a chance.

Oh, one other thing, Declan decided today that when he is older he is changing his name to Nosferatu.

Nasferatu Otto...I guess it has a certain ring to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment