Sunday, May 17, 2009

40, plus one day

So, here I am. 40 plus one day.

I got to spend my birthday with the best. My family, my friends, my kids, my friends kids, my husband...it was a whirlwind of all my favorites, people and food. This morning, I am lounging with my friends, drinking coffee, dueling laptops, while our kids are playing raucously in the basement.

Really, does it get any better than this?

Sweet, sweet broccoli was inspires by a frozen green tea latte. The name, not the blog.

The blog is inspired by my good fortune. I needed someplace to think out loud. To go on and on about my kids if I feel like it. To post pictures of delicious food. To try out new recipes on the unsuspecting masses. Maybe I'll come to terms with my health and start baking things I should be eating. Maybe I'll make somebody laugh. Hard to say, yet.

What I can say is 40 plus one day is feeling pretty sweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment